Lyme disease has increasingly become a growing concern in the last few years. Often masking as multiple difficult and debilitating symptoms, getting to the root cause and treatment can prove to be difficult.
Lyme Disease (LD) and Tick Borne Diseases (TBD)*
- Fastest Growing Vector Borne Disease - every 96 seconds a person infected
- Approximately 40% affected are children - they are at highest risk
- Fewer than 50% recall a bulls eye or any rash or recall a tick bite at all
- Average Time a person suffers with undiagnosed is 2 years and having visited 5 medical professionals
- CDC states testing protocols miss 50% of actual cases
- Lyme called “The Great Imitator - can be mistaken for ALS, MS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Alzheimer’s Parkinson’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Autism and other illnesses
*Source: www.ilads.org, International Lyme and Associated Disease Society 2016
We can help:
- Identifying symptoms and organize medical history for ‘Next Steps’
- Navigate the Process for Proper Diagnosis
- Recommend Lyme-Literate MD’s
- Find Complimentary Chinese Medical Modalities to alleviate symptoms of illness and recovery process
For more information on the role of acupuncture and additional resources concerning Lyme treatment options please contact Carla Gervasio, L.Ac. at (212) 603-9133.